Wes Cunningham...

Today is a double-feature. Some of you know about Wes Cunningham, some do not. This post is for both groups. Wes last published an album, Pollyanna, circa 2000. The past few months, however, he has re-engaged with a string of new recordings. You can listen to them at wescunningham.bandcamp.com


I am known for exaggeration. Yet, I exaggerate not in saying that Wes's music is among the most treasured components of my music collection. He is a man ahead of his time, and he is walking proof that much of the best music will not be found on a record label. His story, which I might write at a later time, is a call to get out and support your local artists. Great music is not defined by profit-seeking producers. Get out there and discover music for yourself. 

In any case, Wes is my little example of under-the-radar greatness. I am proud to support him in his underground state. I don't care that he's now pushing 40. I still think he'll become famous, and I hope he does. He will if I am ever in a position to exert such influence. 

Anyway, that's enough to say for now. I hope you take a moment to visit his site, listen to his music, and decide for yourself.