50 Letters of Love

I have yet to succeed in completing a writing project that requires focus over a long period of time. This may end up no different, but I'm going to try anyway. Starting Friday, September 5th, I will write some piece to mark each day there forth till my wedding day. Getting past 47 would be a miracle, so we'll start with that and go from there.

As a prequel, let me just say how blessed I am to have Cara in my life. I admittedly have little understanding of the commitment I'm about to step into, but I'm willing to learn, and don't take it lightly. There are parts of being married that freak me out. I'm sure a lot of my habits and living comforts won't fly with her, nor will some of hers with me. I'm a slob at heart, and she has all these female clothes and female products I've never been around because I only have brothers, and I'll have to get used to seeing that stuff all over the place. She'll have design opinions about the house I've lived in the last twenty years. My favorite chair is just as old and hated by all women, especially Cara and my mother; that dad pulled it out of a dumpster doesn't help, either.

Call me Barack, but I can see a lot of changes on the horizon. Unlike Barack, I don't have a plan to deal with changes I can't define, but I do trust that Christ means the marriage of Cara and me for good, and will use our union to help bring His love into a hurting world.

I love Cara, and I'm so excited about what God has in store for us.

58 days...

One Comment

  • 9:10 AM | Permalink

    Like the change we must change to the change we hold dear...


    should it be called 58 letters of love?