Mirrors...

Life is good. If I can't start off by saying that, I can't imagine I should be taken seriously. Life is very good, and anyone who tells you differently is crazy, dead, or well on their way to one and/or the other.

I just turned 24 the other day. I don't feel like I'm 24. Most days I think I feel 19 with a chance of maturity. Either way, I'm not going to get caught up in any big self-reflective moment. I think people who get too sentimental, you know, the 'staring in the mirror to find out who I am' kinda thing - those people tend to miss out on some good parts of life happening on the other side of that mirror. I think maybe I'm 2 hours of sleep and a good tea short of some deep, poetic point, but I do think real life happens when we recognize that the real world, the one God created, is broader than the world we try to maintain for ourselves - a world I believe is described well by the mirror illustration. We create our own little worlds because we can maintain an illusion of understanding, order, and control - three attributes for which God has no expressed interest in His creation.

I like where this is going, but I need to get some sleep. I'll write more later.